Social Media Etiquette
Do you and your business understand proper social media etiquette? Make sure you're making a good impression and posting with proper etiquette.
Etiquette of Social Networking for the Polished Professional
- Completely fill out your online profiles with information about you and your business. Use your real name and your own photo.
- Use a different profile or account for your personal and business connections.
- Create a section on your main profile detailing who you are seeking to friend.
- Offer information of value.
- Don't approach strangers and ask them to be friends with you just so you can then try to sell them. You will lose credibility and friends.
- Pick a screen name that represents you and your company well.
- Don't put anything on the Internet that you don't want your grandmother to see.
- Check out the people who want to friend you, people will judge you by the company you keep.
- Never post when you're overly tired, intoxicated, angry or upset. Check spelling and grammar of all your posts.
The world of online networking is every changing, but it is still connected with people. The same basic tenets hold true. Trust and authenticity remain high on the list.
Be real be you and be positive. Social media is great when done right. If you are not on social media you are missing it. If you don’t have time Penguin Suits can help. We can help you develop a great social media strategy. Penguin Suits is your Creative Results-Oriented Advertising Agency Devoted to Consistent and Effective Lead Generation! Just ask we can help.
Infographic Credit: Business2Community